See also: IRC log
<ChrisW> Scribe: MohamedZergaoui
<ChrisW> scribenick: MoZ
Chris: Next meeting is 26th
Chris: minutes accepted
registration page is open
... international fax number is available from now on
Christian: Can we know who will be registred ?
Peter: I will give this information
<ChrisW> 1.3 miles ~ 2 km
is about 2km/1.3 miles (3box by taxi)
... information about aiport and local transportation will be on the wiki
... a lot of informations already available on ISWC website
<csma> nothing on PRR
Chris: Christian to close his action
Christian: regarding action 9, no comment
Peter and Dave : no noticiable evolution on there action
Action 41 still open
... With Donald, whom I'll see in OMG meeting
... "do you think it will be useful something like this in UC&R ?" looking for an answer
open for christian to discuss next week
... Leora action 97 still open
Frank: two actions still open
<scribe> ACTION: 109 to done [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action01]
<ChrisW> PROPOSED: to accept rewording of requirement XML types as proposed by
<ChrisW> DaveR:  "XML Types - RIF must support an appropriate set of scalar
<ChrisW> datatypes and associated operations as defined in XML Schema part 2 and
<ChrisW> associated specifications." (issue 6.3)
Chris: Rewording of the requirement on XML ?
<DavidHirtle> I'll get it
<ChrisW> ACTION: allen to update xml types requirement in next WD [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action02]
<rifbot> Created ACTION-113 - Update xml types requirement in next WD [on Allen Ginsberg - due 2006-09-26].
<csma> RESOLVED: to accept rewording of requirement XML type ...
Chris: Dave to
take a look at Issue 5
... to close 1 and 4
<DavidHirtle> DaveR - okay to leave the "see charter" comment at http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/Requirements#req-xml-types?
<DavidHirtle> (I think it should stay)
Dave: issue 6.2 no conclusion for the moment
Christian: They are not exaclty the same, but we can merge them, depending of the level of detail
Dave: do we make the distinction ?
Chris: about implementability
<Allen> Dave: so the action is done?
Christian: propose clarify the wording of the requirement about implementability
<ChrisW> ACTION: chris to clarify distinction between implementability and standard components requirements [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action03]
<rifbot> Created ACTION-114 - Clarify distinction between implementability and standard components requirements [on Chris Menzel - due 2006-09-26].
Issue 6 depends on Action 114
<DaveReynolds> Action 114 is on ChrisW not ChrisM
Issue 7 will be discussed next week
Issue 8 will be closed
<ChrisW> PROPOSED: to close issue 8
<ChrisW> RESOLVED: Close issue 8
Issue 22 : alan's proposal
Alan: look at the original terminology, and send a email to the WG
Allen: take into
account a slide from Christian
... i describe an alternative approche about 2 rulesets in the same model
<ChrisW> Allen's message: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Sep/0046.html
Christian: do we need to have an official definition ?
Chris: the word "cover" is used in 4 requirements
propose to rephrase these requirements
... features that must exist into RIF, or each features must have the exact semantic of another language ?
<sandro> "q+", Francois
for syntactic and one for transfering the semantic
... propose to abandon the word "cover"
<sandro> Sandro: I think "coverage" is an important feature for users -- they want to know if their language/features are covered
distinguishing syntax and semantics is dangerous
... do not want to keep the syntax
cannot separate the syntax and semantics
... the word cover should be taken at the feature level
<ChrisW> scribenick: axelpolleres
<scribe> scribenick: AxelPolleres
<Harold> In http://www.debruijn.net/publications/msa-ruleml05.pdf (section 4 The Relationship Between Layers, page 9) there is a formal definition of Language extensions.
<Francois> +1 with both proposals.
allen's email and comment until next week on coverage issue.
... allen, remaing issues?
<scribe> ACTION: allen to post resolution for issues 3,4,13 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action04]
<rifbot> Created ACTION-115 - Post resolution for issues 3,4,13 [on Allen Ginsberg - due 2006-09-26].
chrisW: we still have to link Use Cases with requirements and vice versa.
<DavidHirtle> (see above for an example of links from use cases to reqs)
chrisW: this will be the main topic ffor next week!
DavidHirtle&Allen: solicit for input to this discussion by the end of the week on the mailing list
on action http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/actions/87
... this is about variables.
<scribe> ACTION: write response to Christian's proposal, asking for clarifications where necessary [CONTINUED] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action05]
<rifbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - write
<scribe> ACTION: Alex to record questionnaire answers for JBoss and XUL in an email [CONTINUED] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action06]
<rifbot> Created ACTION-116 - Record questionnaire answers for JBoss and XUL in an email [CONTINUED] [on Alex Kozlenkov - due 2006-09-26].
<scribe> ACTION: Axel to make a wiki page on negation [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action07]
<rifbot> Created ACTION-117 - Make a wiki page on negation [DONE] [on Axel Polleres - due 2006-09-26].
you can't hear me?
What about updates of the questionnaire?
... on types.
further changes 2 weeks due to other urgent deadlines.
... decide how to move forward then (whether to stay with questionnaire or another possibility, e.g. discriminators ontology in OWL)
<scribe> ACTION: Harold to start new wiki page on the core language to include Peter's proposal modulo changes we discussed [CONTINUED] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action08]
<rifbot> Created ACTION-118 - Start new wiki page on the core language to include Peter\'s proposal modulo changes we discussed [CONTINUED] [on Harold Boley - due 2006-09-26].
<scribe> ACTION: 111 [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action09]
<rifbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 111
<scribe> ACTION: 112 [DONE] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action10]
<rifbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 112
discussion on mail on action 110.
... Seems like we have consensus on the core of condition language.
Hassan: I will post URI on rewriter for basic conditions/XML.
Hassan et al.: continue discussions on heads (from XML syntaxpoint of view)
Hassan: Issues: scope, variales, global variables, heads, etc.
Hassan: Prepares a document on these issues.
<scribe> ACTION: Hassan to post a mail or set up a wiki page on outlining the issues. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action11]
<rifbot> Created ACTION-119 - Post a mail or set up a wiki page on outlining the issues on XML syntax. [on Hassan Ait-Kaci - due 2006-09-26].
ChrisW: when will we have a new wiki page done?
Harold: in one
... points out focus on phase 1.
ChrisW: more comments on Technical design?
csma: Issue: how do we specify the "dataset" of the rules?
<scribe> ACTION: csma to send a mail on issue: "how do we specify the 'dataset' of the rules" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html#action12]
<rifbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - csma
ChrisW: Let's be sure to talk about f2f5 next week!
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127 of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/
Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)
Succeeded: s/bethe/be the/
Succeeded: s/issues/issues on XML syntax/
Found Scribe: MohamedZergaoui
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching ScribeNick pattern: <MohamedZergaoui> ...
Found ScribeNick: MoZ
Found ScribeNick: axelpolleres
Found ScribeNick: AxelPolleres
ScribeNicks: MoZ, axelpolleres
WARNING: Replacing list of attendees.
Old list: Hassan_Ait-Kaci FrankMcCabe Harold Deborah_Nichols ChrisW Francois Dave_Reynolds Sandro AlexKozlenkov pfps Allen_Ginsberg igor MarkusK Leora_Morgenstern PaulaP MoZ Mike_Dean DavidHirtle csma Gary_Hallmark Mala_Mehrotra Axel_Polleres SaidTabet johnhall polo GiorgosStoilos JeffP MichaelKifer
New list: Hassan_Ait-Kaci FrankMcCabe Harold Deborah_Nichols ChrisW Francois Dave_Reynolds Sandro AlexKozlenkov pfps Allen_Ginsberg
Default Present: Hassan_Ait-Kaci, FrankMcCabe, Harold, Deborah_Nichols, ChrisW, Francois, Dave_Reynolds, Sandro, AlexKozlenkov, pfps, Allen_Ginsberg
Present: Hassan_Ait-Kaci FrankMcCabe Harold Deborah_Nichols ChrisW Francois Dave_Reynolds Sandro AlexKozlenkov pfps Allen_Ginsberg
Got date from IRC log name: 19 Sep 2006
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2006/09/19-rif-minutes.html
People with action items: alex allen chris csma harold hassan response write