RE: [TED] An alternative proposal for the technical design

Hi Paul, Sorry for what likely(*) was a copy & edit error, Harold

(*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_van_Gogh

-----Original Message-----
From: public-rif-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-rif-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Boley, Harold
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:26 PM
To: Paul Vincent; Christian de Sainte Marie; RIF WG
Subject: RE: [TED] An alternative proposal for the technical design

Hi Vincent,

> however I would be interested in a comparison table (Harold?).

It seems more comparable with our earlier RIF Design Roadmap,
namely parts of Phase 1 (#9. Metadata/semantic attributes for rule
documents, scopes, rules, facts) and Phase 2 (#III. Production rules):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Feb/0256.html

Meanwhile, we have focussed on Phase 1, adding #0 as alternative to
#4. Pure production rules with only asserts in the action part:

0. Give syntax and semantics of Positive Conditions as common basis:
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/A.1_Basis%3A_Positive_Conditions

1. Specify syntax and semantics of Horn Logic and sublanguages:
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/B.1_Horn_Rules

2. Syntactic and semantic extensions of Horn Logic
2.1. Define purely syntactic extensions
2.1.1. Monotonic Lloyd-Topor extensions (disjuncts in body):
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/B.1_Horn_Rules
2.1.3. Higher-order syntax (cf. HiLog) -> Multisorted logic
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/A.1.0_Nucleus%3A_Positive_Conditions
2.2. Support literals and datatypes (common functions and operators):
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/A.1.1_Basis%3A_Positive_Conditions_over_Bipartitioned_Constants

3. Webizing features that should be (globally) addressable:
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/A.1.1_Basis%3A_Positive_Conditions_over_Bipartitioned_Constants

Cheers,
Harold