ACTION-143

From: Ginsberg, Allen <AGINSBERG@imc.mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:17:10 -0400
To: <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

This completes ACTION-143: Propose text for the informal definition of
covers.

We note that in this document we deliberately refrain from defining the
notion of "coverage" in a rigorous manner, since precisely what it
means for diverse rule languages to be "covered" by RIF may vary from
case to case.  Intuitively, when we say that "RIF covers rule language
L" we mean that rules written in L can be translated into RIF and the
resulting RIF rules can be used by software designed to work with RIF
to achieve essentially the same functionality as enabled by the
original L rules.