Fw: Action 139: Defining and assigning tasks for the RIFRAF Ontology Task Force (fwd)

I mailed this to the rif mailing list this morning, but it doesn't seem to
have arrived.

----- Forwarded by Leora Morgenstern/Watson/IBM on 10/10/2006 11:23 AM
-----

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:03:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Leora Morgenstern <leora@steam.Stanford.EDU>
To: Frank McCabe <frankmccabe@mac.com>,
     Allen Ginsberg <aginsberg@imc.mitre.org>, Sandro Hawke
<sandro@w3.org>,
     Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@urjc.es>
Cc: public-rif-wg@w3.org
Subject: Defining and assigning tasks for the RIFRAF Ontology Task Force

Allen, Sandro, Frank, Axel,

We've all volunteered for the RIFRAF Ontology Task Force. The first thing
to do is to determine exactly what we've signed up for; next, we'll figure
out how to assign tasks.

My understanding (from Sandro) is that our mission is to
formalize the work done on RIFRAF into an OWL ontology; that is,
to translate the RIFRAF from text into OWL. This would entail, to start
with,  taking the classes of languages that are induced by the
discriminators and
arranging them in a taxonomy. Some initial work on this has already been
done on a subset of the RIFRAF discriminators; see
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Rulesystem_Arrangement_Framework .

One suggestion: we can begin by extending this taxonomy to all other
RIFRAF discriminators. We could divide up the set of discriminators, each
propose an initial taxonomy for the assigned discriminator subset, and
then, as a group, modify the taxonomies, and integrate them (a non-trivial
task).

This is just a suggestion; let's discuss how we all want to proceed.

Best regards,
Leora