From: Ginsberg, Allen [mailto:AGINSBERG@imc.mitre.org]
Sent: 22 November 2006 17:58
To: Paul Vincent
Cc: public-rif-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: http://www.w3.org/2006/11/04-rif-minutes.html#action04:
Notes from UCR breakout of 11/04 --> coverage

Hi Paul,

Just a quick response to points 1 & 2.

When I said it "must be possible" to implement a rule engine for a RIF
dialect, I did not mean this as a "requirement," rather as something
that follows from the fact (requirement) that every RIF dialect must
have precise syntax and semantics.  As you say, it is a "side effect."
Since the whole idea is to give an "intuitive" and "informal" definition
of "coverage" at this stage, I think it is ok to talk as though RIF is
executable by some appropriate piece of software.

Allen