RE: [RIFRAF] Response to ACTION-179

Paul,

>>  And: in terms of rule classifications/ontologies, the ECA rules used
in TIBCO are
>>  in effect a specialization of PRR. As event mechanisms can be
considered out of
>>  scope for RIF (in my opinion, as both the CEP world and
organizations like OMG
>>  SOA are in the early stages of investigating this as I understand),
full CEP rules
>>  are unlikely to be an early candidate for RIF interchange.

Respectfully, I do not agree with your point. While CEP is out of scope
of PRR, it is not out of scope of RIF. Event processing IMO could be
captured quite nicely by compact self-contained syntax and semantics and
we do have use cases, although they are not part of the official 10
list. For us as a company, it is critical to have this standard.

Alex

conventional Rete-based