RE: [RIFRAF] Response to ACTION-179

Guys,

For reaction rules, there are two ongoing projects that could provide
ideas for ontology characterization.

One is the Reaction RuleML initiative:
	http://ibis.in.tum.de/research/ReactionRuleML/ .

The other is REWERSE r3 prototype:
	http://rewerse.net/I5/r3/.

In the first one, we have distinguished active vs. passive reaction
rules (essentially having to poll vs. reacting passively to pushed
inbound messages) functionality. We also orthogonally distinguish global
(non-contextual) and local (contextual) rules. In particular, the latter
allow the reactions to be contextualized by the current evolving state
of conversations making them comparable to process algebras, in
particular, pi-calculus.

Passive rules could be also categorized as message-based in that they
effectively capture communication acts explicitly.

The REWERSE r3 prototype, also using the Prova language for the
conditions and actions part, is based on a developed r3-ontology. It
specifically distinguishes query and test components of an ECA rule.

In summary, these are the resources that perhaps we should consider
aligning the current RIFRAF view of the ECA area with.

Alex Kozlenkov
Betfair Ltd.