Re: proposed: use abstract syntax notation (asn06)

Chris Welty wrote:

> Still, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't already something out there
> that provided this kind of functionality and would be happy to hear of it.

Well there is ASN.1 of course (I assume the name asn06 is a deliberate
pun on that).

ASN.1 is pretty complex but I guess it might be possible to make asn06 a
strict subset of ASN.1 then one could use the various ASN.1 tools for
generating concrete serializations using the standardized or custom
encoding rules.

Though I detect a lack of fondness in people's voices when they talk
about ASN.1 ...