Re: resolutions

Dave Reynolds wrote:
> Francis McCabe wrote:
> > How about Rule Ontology?
>
> Of course, though that's presumably already in progress with RIFRAF.

There are two separate things, here, right?

   1)  An ontology of rule systems and rule languages

       Instances: each different rule system (Jess, Prova, Blaze
       Advisor, JenaRules, etc), as on

       http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/List_of_Rule_Systems
       and in the answers to the questionnaire.

       The WG will probably provide instance data for a dozen or two, of
       the hundreds that probably exist.

       This is what I think RIFRAF is about.

   2)  An ontology of rules and rule sets.

       Instances: each different rule and/or rule set

       Millions of these exists; users of RIF could be imagined as
       authoring instance data in this ontology.  I often think about it
       that way (I think all syntaxes are just ways of serializing
       triples), but I'm agnostic on whether the rest of the WG thinks
       about it this way.

I think Frank was talking about #2 when he said "rule ontology".

   -- Sandro