RE: [RIF] Welcome to RIF

Dear All,
Just to introduce myself. I've volunteered to replace Paul Vincent as
Fair Isaac's representative on the RIF-WG following his move to Tibco. I
won't go so far as to say this move was a mistake on my part, but I
clearly have a learning curve to climb. Horn clauses and first order
logic are now half forgotten concepts from my misspent youth, and much
of the other subjects of conversation are unstudied mysteries. You'll
have to wait a while before I start distributing profound thoughts.

>From a background perspective I'm the most senior rule based system
consultant working for Fair Isaac in the EMEA region, having been
involved in these systems since 1989. I started off with jolly tools
like ART, Nexpert Object and a fine collection of DIY systems built in
prolog and lisp before progressing (?) the heady heights of Blaze
Advisor.

Although my first degree was in Maths (and I still like to think of
myself as a Mathematician at heart), all my experience with rule based
systems has been bleakly functional. I get paid to build real systems
for real customers. These systems usually aren't filled with exciting
rules, but they do represent real rules we might want to exchange using
the RIF.

On this basis I think I'll be providing a pragmatic rather than an
academic perspective to the group, but I trust I will be able to
contribute in this area.

Dr Bob Moore
Manager for Blaze Advisor Professional Services
Solutions and Technical Consulting Group International
mailto:bobmoore@fairisaac.com
Fair, Isaac International UK Corporation
Fair, Isaac House
International Square
Starley Way
Birmingham B37 7GN