[ALL] Re: Rules, and XBRL

This message appeared on our public comments list in Feb.  Any responses?

From: Campbell, Richard S. <RCampbell@FDIC.gov>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:26:46 -0500
To: <public-rif-comments@w3.org>
Greetings,

The US Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation has adopted the financial
reporting standard of XBRL for the submission of bank data. Reporting
rules and syntax are encapsulated and published within taxonomies, and
data is validated using XLink. As main staff support, I just came across
this group, and in scanning the papers from the workshop and your stated
goals, wondered if the XBRL design, which is in many ways a rules and
validation system, falls within your design scope. Would there be
someone in the group who could speak to this, or would sending an email
to the list be the right way to go?

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Richard Campbell
Senior Enterprise Architect
FDIC
703 516 1135

Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532
Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
Email: welty@watson.ibm.com
Web: http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/