Re: [RIF][UCR] Expanding MAE in Interchanging Rule Extensions to OWL

David

Hirtle, David wrote:

>  > Looks OK to me (Christine is obviously the expert here). If you didn't
>  > do it already, you might also want to expand the Magnetic Resonance
>  > Imaging (MRI) acronym.
>
> I did it for MRI already, though only in 1.6 (which should be fine
> since it precedes 1.7).

All you need to know about MAE:
"Classes: the main root of the hierarchy is the primitive class
AnatomicalEntity (AE). The hierarchy is divided into two subtrees:
MaterialAnatomicalEntity (MAE) denoting brain entities made of material
such as gyri, opposed to NonMaterialAnatomicalEntity (NMAE). MAE
includes several subclasses representing the main material anatomical
entities (Annex1 §1): Hemisphere, Gyrus, Lobe, Pars. NMAE includes
SulcalFold (SF) denoting sulcal folds between material entities such as
sulci, GyriConnection denoting a connection between two gyri such as
ConventionalSeparation, and SulciConnection. All siblings classes such
as Gyrus, Lobe, Hemisphere, etc. are disjoint." (from Christine's
position paper at the workshop).