[RIF][All] UCR first working draft decision

From: Chris Welty <cawelty@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:50:23 -0500
To: "Public-Rif-Wg (E-mail)" <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

As announced a few times already, we plan this tuesday to ask the WG for
a decision as to whether to release the currently frozen version of the
UCR document as a first public Working Draft.

There have been some requests for a formal vote, for a number of good
reasons, so we have decided to go along and hold a formal vote on
Tuesday, with a roll call of each organization and their position
(Agree, abstain, object) which will be recorded in the minutes.  We're
letting you know in advance since I indicated at the last telecon that
we would not do it this way.

So, each organization shoudl be prepared to have a spokesperson cast the
vote.  Invited experts get to vote.

As we've already said, if there are objections to any particular use
cases, we expect to hear before-hand by email, and we will amend the
issue to drop particular use cases from the first draft and move them to
the "under development" section.

-Chris

cawelty@frontiernet.net                     Hawthorne, NY 10532