Re: [UCR] RIF needs different reasoning methods

Dear Sandro,

You wrote:
> My sense of your overall message is that you want distributed
> programming instead of distributed knowledge representation.  Is that
> about right?

I doubt this is right. I do not understand why distributed programming
is now mentioned.
>> Does the RIF (or the W3C) intend to ignore these distinctions?
>>

> FWIW, the full and complete official statement of W3C intent is the
> charter.
>
>    http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/charter
>
> It might be good to compare what you're thinking with what it says.

All what I, and as I understand Gerd, suggest, is that the RIF should
make it possible to attach annotations to rulesets stating: "this
ruleset contains only deduction rules", or "this ruleset contains
normative rules", or"this rule set contains only reactive rules". Would
such annotations contradict the charter?

Regards,

Francois