W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > January 2006

RE: [RIF][Admin] Agenda Telecon 31 January 2006, 1600 UTC

From: Vincent, Paul D <PaulVincent@fairisaac.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:50:15 -0800
Message-ID: <B3636F07C8359844A9A2370C5EA08CCBC6CB22@SRFMSGMB00.corp.fairisaac.com>
To: "Christian de Sainte Marie" <csma@ilog.fr>, <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

Christian - presumably you meant 
Meeting Wiki: [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-01-31_Meeting] 

Paul Vincent
Fair Isaac Blaze Advisor --- Business Rule Management
OMG Standards for Business Rules, PRR & BPMI
mobile: +44 (0)781 493 7229 ... office: +44 (0)20 7871 7229 

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
31 January 2005, 1600 UTC
0800 (West US)
1100 (East US)
1600 (London)
1700 (Paris),
Duration: 90 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 74394# ('RIFWG')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #rif
Web-based IRC (member-only): [http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc]
Meeting Wiki: [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-01-24_Meeting]


Chair: Chris Welty
Scribe: Benjamin Grosof (first alternate: Bijan Parsia )
See Scribes List [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/ScribesList]

Please note that RIF WG telecons are for for attendance
only by Working Group Participants and guests invited
by the chairs.

1. ADMIN (10 min)

Roll call (please read before telecon the following)
RIF Regrets Policy:
Using Zakim:
Telecon Etiquette:

Next Meeting: 7 February

PROPOSED: accept minutes of last meeting

Agenda amendments

2. Liaison (5 min)

ACTION: csma to ask ISO whether liaison is worthwhile for ISO IEC
Joint Task Force 1, SC 32, Working Group 2: Metadata Standards US
national body is ANSI L8 might be interesting for liaison. See
[http://metadata-standards.org/] [CONTINUED]

Review active liaisons:
SPARQL (W3C) - Enrico Franconi
XQuery, XPath (W3C) - Massimo Marchiori
Common Logic (ISO) - Bill Andersen & Chris Menzel
PRR (OMG) - Paul Vincent
SBVR (OMG) - Donald Chapin
ODM (OMG) - Elisa Kendall

Other liaisons (e.g. JSR94)?

3. Use Case & Requirements (30 min)

Wiki Page:
Wiki draft:

Discussion (Allen & David)

ACTION: Christian to send an email to announce the one week deadline for
reviewing edited general use cases [REMOVED]
ACTION: Ian Horrocks to write scenario for RichKR including 'features'
ACTION: Chris Welty will come up with another example narrative for a
RichKR use case
ACTION: Christian will propose another scenario for the publication use
ACTION: Paul Vincent will do the detailed scenario for "Interoperability
between rule engines"
ACTION: Frank will do the scenarios for information integration with Ed 
Barkmeyer assisting
ACTION: Leora will do the Decision Support detailed scenario
ACTION: Donald will submit an email about the use case for interchanging 
rules specified in different metamodels

5. Classification (20 min)

ACTION: chris clarify desiderata for list of classifications
ACTION: Chris Classifications draft Jan 31 [CONTINUED]

Discussion (ChrisW): connecting the RIFRAF and the (generalised) Use Cases

Wiki page

4. OWL & RDF Compatibility (20 min)

Wiki pages
Recent email threads:
b-node semantics:

ACTION: Christian will start an email discussion on "What part of the
RIF vs. OWL/RDF Compatibility belongs to RIF and what part belong to
ACTION: JosDeRoo to update RIF wrt SPARQL rdfSemantics issue and its 
pending resolution
ACTION: JosDeBruijn create a wiki page explaining the issue with bNode 
semantics and summarize the possible solutions which have come up during 
the discussions on the mailing list

6. AOB (5 min)
Received on Monday, 30 January 2006 22:53:32 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:47:36 UTC