[RIF] Re: Work on JRules abstract grammar

From: Boley, Harold <Harold.Boley@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:00:08 -0500
To: "Christian de Sainte Marie" <csma@ilog.fr>, <public-rif-wg@w3.org>

All,

Thanks for the input from Philippe, which can help the RIF WG to
appraise basic JRules syntax. Christian's List of Rule Systems at
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/List_of_Rule_Systems could be
extended by a column for "meta-models/abstract syntaxes", where the
ILOG Rules Language and other ones can be linked.

However, at this stage we are focusing work on the RIF Use Cases
and Requirements, OWL & RDF Compatibility, and Rule Classification.
On the basis of these investigations, we can then proceed to the
chartered Phase 1 Recommendation of a very simple and yet useful and
extensible XML core format for Horn rules.

Phase 2 issues such as the extension for actions (charter: 3.2.5.)
should be refined in parallel on the planning level, but we need
to stay on *Phase 1* track to achieve the initial deliverables till
February (First Public Working Draft, Use Cases and Requirements) and
May (First Public Working Draft, Technical Specification).

-- Harold