[UCR] Publication general use case

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:28:06 +0000
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org

I've put up a draft of the "publication" general use case:
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Publication

I struggled to distinguish this as a general category from other situations
where rules are published e.g. for "Regulation/Constraint Compliance
Monitoring" or for "Policy-Based Transaction Authorization and Access
Control". If this is to remain as a separate general category it might be
because the focus is on the publication as an end itself rather than the
application of those rules. However, taking that tack does not do full
justice to Harold's FOAF rule use case which is also related to Information
Integration and potentially to Rich Knowledge representation.

In writing it up I realized that one major area of rule publication of
commercial interest is publication of privacy policies. Whilst this is
touched on in [1] it might be a sufficiently important area that's it's
worth specifically calling out privacy policy in the "Policy-based ..."
general use case.

Dave

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Policy_-_Preference_Computing