From: public-rif-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-rif-wg-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Vincent, Paul D
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 5:24 AM
To: Dave Reynolds
Cc: RIF
Subject: RE: [UCR] Coverage --> interchange vs exchange

Dave - apologies I missed your question. I think you were asking for a
quantification or specification of "exchange" vs "interchange". I would
propose an answer like:

Rules are "simply exchanged" if their format (and underlying fact
representation) does not change when they are transferred between
processes...

Rules are "interchanged" if they undergo any transformation when
communicated between 2 processes (eg via an intermediary).