Re: [UCR] use case response

Jim Hendler wrote:

> At 10:00 +0000 2/21/06, Dave Reynolds wrote:

>  >Now the WG could decide that this desire for a side-effect is in
> conflict with the main goal, that the group should only be about rule
> exchange and have no regard to the possibility of a semantic web rule
> language. That would be just fine and would simplify my life considerably.
>  >

> I don't understand, the notion of a Sem Web rule language is okay with
> me, but that isn't the same as what you said above

In that case I'm either not being clear (as usual) or mis-understanding
what you mean by sem web rule language or, probably, both.

I'm not sure I see the difference between what I'm asking for and the first
use case in section 1.1 of the WG charter.

> I was primarily using "web rule" to mean a syntactic standard for
> representing rules in one of the major Web languages  and explicitly
> grounded in URI space - I generally use "Web ?x" to mean ?x being
> webized as in [1]

So a rule language, with an XML serialization, in which all predicate
symbols were URIs, which runs over data expressed in RDF (so variables get
bound to RDF resources) and which can conclude RDF statements ... would
that automatically be classifiable as a "web rule" language or would there
need to be some deeper webization to qualify?