RE: [UCR] Coverage

Allen: I must say I am confused: can you humor me with some further
explanation?

My "limited" analysis of the requirements:

Representation of RDF transformation rules

- ??? no interchange implied => not relevant to RIF

Support for object introduction ("gensym" of URI's, bNodes in
conclusions)

- Required for RDF support?

Quantification over RDF predicates

- Required for RDF support?

Negation over extensional data

- Required for RDF support?

It would seem to me there was still a requirement for an interchange use
case involving RDF. There seems to be some concensus that this is not
the use case for that as it does not involve interchange :-).

At the same time, I would have thought that ANY of the interchange use
cases could be extended to involve representation of conditions etc in
RDF, reasoning over OWL, ...

Thanks,

Paul Vincent

Fair Isaac Blaze Advisor --- Business Rule Management

OMG Standards for Business Rules, PRR & BPMI

mobile: +44 (0)781 493 7229 ... office: +44 (0)20 7871 7229