W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > February 2006

[RIF][Admin] Agenda RIF Telecon 21 February 2006

From: Christian de Sainte Marie <csma@ilog.fr>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:14:04 +0100
Message-ID: <43F9F8DC.4030405@ilog.fr>
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
21 February 2006, 1600 UTC
0800 (West US)
1100 (East US)
1600 (London)
1700 (Paris),
Duration: 90 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 74394# ('RIFWG')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #rif
Web-based IRC (member-only): [http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc]
Meeting Wiki: [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-02-21_Meeting]

PLEASE POST REGRETS TO MEETING WIKI PAGE

Chair: Christian de Sainte Marie
Scribe: Benjamin Grosof (alternates: Bijan Parsia, Chris Menzel, Dan 
Connolly, Deepahli Krushraj, ...)
See Scribes List [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/ScribesList]

Please note that RIF WG telecons are for for attendance
only by Working Group Participants and guests invited
by the chairs.

1. ADMIN (10 min)

Roll call (please read before telecon the following)
RIF Regrets Policy:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RegretsPolicy]
Using Zakim:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UsingZakim]
Telecon Etiquette:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/TeleconEtiquette]

PROPOSED: accept minutes of last meeting
[
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Feb/att-0175/14-rif-minutes.html
]

Agenda amendments

2. Liaison (5 min)

Review active liaisons:
SPARQL (W3C) - Enrico Franconi
XQuery, XPath (W3C) - Massimo Marchiori
Common Logic (ISO) - Bill Andersen & Chris Menzel
PRR (OMG) - Paul Vincent
SBVR (OMG) - Donald Chapin
ODM (OMG) - Elisa Kendall

3. Use Case & Requirements (30 min)

Wiki Page: [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Use_Cases]
Wiki draft: 
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RIF_Use_Cases_and_Requirements]

[NEW] ACTION: Allen: to compile a list of design goal questions for 
listing in a section of the UC&R draft. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/14-rif-minutes.html#action14]
[NEW] ACTION: Axel, Dieter, Jos and Harold: to review the Requirements 
(http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UCR/Requirements) and comment 
them. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/14-rif-minutes.html#action15]
[NEW] ACTION: for all to read the UCR document and to check whether 
something is missing [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/14-rif-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: Leora and Jeff: to review the detailed scenario [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/14-rif-minutes.html#action05]

[PENDING] ACTION: Chris Welty will come up with another example 
narrative for a RichKR use case [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/07-rif-minutes.html#action07]
[PENDING] ACTION: csma will incite data access discussion on mailing 
list. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/02/07-rif-minutes.html#action14]
[PENDING] ACTION: Frank will do the scenarios for information 
integration with Ed Barkmeyer assisting [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/07-rif-minutes.html#action10]
[PENDING] ACTION: Paul Vincent will do the detailed scenario for 
"Interoperability between rule engines" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/07-rif-minutes.html#action11]

Discussion (Allen & David)
- Straw poll
- List of potential design goals
- Synthesis of requirements
- Actions before F2F

4. Classification (20 min)

*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Chris to start email discussion about what issues
are "fuzzy" wrt phase 1 & 2 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/07-rif-minutes.html#action18]
**

Discussion (ChrisW): connecting the RIFRAF and the (generalised) Use Cases

Wiki page
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Rulesystem_Arrangement_Framework]

5. OWL & RDF Compatibility (20 min)

Wiki pages
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/OWL_Compatibility]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RDF_Compatibility]

[NEW] ACTION: csma: will send an email to make a distinction between OWL 
and RIF roles [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/02/14-rif-minutes.html#action17]

6. F2F2

Next Meeting: 27-28 February (F2F in Cannes-Mandelieu, F)

- Feedback on agenda
- Observers

6. AOB (5 min)
Received on Monday, 20 February 2006 17:13:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:33:26 GMT