Re: [RIF] [UCR]: What is the RIF (revisited) --> changing vendor rule languages

Vincent, Paul D wrote:

>Most vendor rule languages are still in active development. However, it is quite rare to get a rule language change request from a customer. Certainly I have never seen any requests to move for example Blaze Advisor SRL in the direction of some of the concepts described in the RIF threads.
>
>Of course, a customer needing a particular language feature would select a rule engine having that feature. The fact that 70-80% of the commercial rule engine market is provided by 2 vendors indicates some level of maturity about their rule languages.

To the best of my understanding, commercial offers related to "rules"
are extremely fragmented. Eg database views and integrity constraints
are rerely fully integrated/integrable in rule systems. Furthermore,
there are emerging applications, especially":

- RDF-related rules.
- OWL-related rules.
- Rules for negociations.

My understanding is that RIF should support such emerging applications
as well as established applications database views and integrity
constraints.
--
Francois