Re: [RIF] [UCR]: What is the RIF (revisited) --> disjunctive conclusions

Ed Barkmeyer wrote:

> So, if we are going to go beyond Dave Reynolds' "least common
> denominator", we would be well advised to identify explicit "dialects"
> or "subsets of expressiveness" that constitute "capability levels" or
> "conformance classes".

Just be clear, what I actually said was "err on the side of ...". I was
not proposing a literal methodology of intersection of capabilities. I
was saying we want some bias towards simplicity and commonality in our
extensible core.

Isn't that the point of the phase 1/2 split?

If the phase 1 core has too much in the way of different expressivity
options and capability levels then phase 2 will just explode. To me
phase 1 should be about making some tasteful choices about this core.