Re: [RIF] [UCR]: What is the RIF (revisited)

On Thursday 09 February 2006 10:33, Dave Reynolds wrote:
> Quite the reverse. We are having a discussion on how pragmatic RIF is,
> whether it focuses on the 80% most common and widely implemented
> capabilities or it is pushing the boundaries on richness of rule languages.

there is a wide gap between the 80% most common and widely implemented
capabilities and pushing the boundaries on richness of rule languages.  I
seem that this is the real point of disagreement

I'm forwarding a previous question of mine to you:  why should we be satisfied
with only the most common and widely implemented capabilities, and only 80%
of them?  IT is evolving at a fantastic pace, and approaches and ideas often
get old before they reach maturity.  do you really believe we can face a
standardization problem in this field with the same conservative approach
taken in other fields?

piero