Re: [RIF] [UCR]: What is the RIF (revisited)

Dave Reynolds wrote:

>>>[...] We will have enough on our plate to deal with
>>>commercial rules engine expressiveness, SWRL, OWL and RDF.
>>>If the choice is supporting disjunctive consequents and
>>>having a RIF model theory in 6 months that we can all
>>>accept, I'll take the latter.
>>>

>>But OWL/SWRL have already introduced disjunctive
>>conclusions (which btw are not a problem for the
>>model-theoretic semantics, even not when combined
>>with NAF; they are only a problem for the inference
>>engines), so this is not PhD research!
>>

>But it is a problem for inference engines, as you say, and that affects RIF.
>
>If those features are only commonly implemented in research systems then it
>is not a priority for RIF to be able to express them.

Please, let us look at concrtete applications, eg integrity constraints
that require disjunctive consequents!

It seems to me that we are having a ideological (= or religious
fundamentilistic :-) ) debate and not sufficiently discuss the
applications that need rules to be interchanged on the web!

--
Francois