W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rif-wg@w3.org > February 2006

Agenda 7 Feb RIF Telecon 1600 UTC

From: Chris Welty <cawelty@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:30:47 -0500
Message-ID: <43E779B7.9040104@frontiernet.net>
To: public-rif-wg@w3.org


AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
7 February 2006, 1600 UTC
0800 (West US)
1100 (East US)
1600 (London)
1700 (Paris),
Duration: 90 min

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 74394# ('RIFWG')
IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #rif
Web-based IRC (member-only): [http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc]
Meeting Wiki: [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/2006-02-07_Meeting]

PLEASE POST REGRETS TO MEETING WIKI PAGE

Chair: Christian de Sainte-Marie
Scribe: Benjamin Grosof (alternates: Bijan Parsia, Chris Menzel, Darko 
Anicic, ... )
See Scribes List [http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/ScribesList]

Please note that RIF WG telecons are for for attendance
only by Working Group Participants and guests invited
by the chairs.

1. ADMIN (10 min)

Roll call (please read before telecon the following)
RIF Regrets Policy:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RegretsPolicy]
Using Zakim:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/UsingZakim]
Telecon Etiquette:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/TeleconEtiquette]

Next Meeting: 14 February

PROPOSED: accept minutes of last meeting
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Feb/0005.html]

Agenda amendments

2. Liaison (5 min)

ACTION: csma to ask ISO whether liaison is worthwhile for ISO IEC
Joint Task Force 1, SC 32, Working Group 2: Metadata Standards US
national body is ANSI L8 might be interesting for liaison. See
[http://metadata-standards.org/]

ACTION: Said to send a message to JSR94 that the RIF has started its 
work [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/31-rif-minutes.html#action02]

Review active liaisons:
SPARQL (W3C) - Enrico Franconi
XQuery, XPath (W3C) - Massimo Marchiori
Common Logic (ISO) - Bill Andersen & Chris Menzel
PRR (OMG) - Paul Vincent
SBVR (OMG) - Donald Chapin
ODM (OMG) - Elisa Kendall

3. Use Case & Requirements (30 min)

Wiki Page:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Use_Cases]
Wiki draft:
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RIF_Use_Cases_and_Requirements]

ACTION:* Leora, Stan, JeffP to review and report on human oriented rules 
section of UCR, sending e-mail by friday. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/01/31-rif-minutes.html#action12]
ACTION:* Chris Welty will come up with another example narrative for a 
RichKR use case [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/01/31-rif-minutes.html#action05]
ACTION:* Christian will propose another scenario for the publication use 
case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/31-rif-minutes.html#action06]
ACTION:* Christian will start an email discussion on "What part of the 
RIF vs. OWL/RDF Compatibility belongs to RIF and what part belong to 
OWL/RDF" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/01/31-rif-minutes.html#action13]
ACTION:* Frank will do the scenarios for information integration with Ed 
Barkmeyer assisting [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/01/31-rif-minutes.html#action08]
ACTION:* Paul Vincent will do the detailed scenario for 
"Interoperability between rule engines" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2006/01/31-rif-minutes.html#action07]

Discussion (Allen & David)
 Section 2 ready?
 Synthesis of requirements?

5. Classification (20 min)

ACTION:* Harold will explain what Lloyd Topor extensions etc mean 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/01/31-rif-minutes.html#action18]
 
Discussion (ChrisW): connecting the RIFRAF and the (generalised) Use Cases
 
Wiki page
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Rulesystem_Arrangement_Framework]


4. OWL & RDF Compatibility (20 min)

Wiki pages
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/OWL_Compatibility]
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/RDF_Compatibility]
Recent email threads:
b-node semantics:
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Jan/0056.html]
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Jan/0010.html]
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Jan/0083.html]

ACTION: Christian will start an email discussion on "What part of the 
RIF vs. OWL/RDF Compatibility belongs to RIF and what part belong to 
OWL/RDF"

ACTION: JosDeBruijn create a wiki page explaining the issue with bNode 
semantics and summarize the possible solutions which have come up during 
the discussions on the mailing list

6. AOB (5 min)
Received on Monday, 6 February 2006 16:31:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 2 June 2009 18:33:26 GMT