Re: defining external functions

Hello Sandro,
Sorry for the delay I was travelling. What I want to do is to be able to
describe an event-condition-action rule
such as if a file is less than 1GB copy it to the cache storage
resource. What I have done is to write this in RIF presentation syntax
and then realised that I needed to define the file and the storage
resource. I used plain XML to do that. So I had a prefix for the file
object definitions and then I realised that I needed to define the copy
function. So, someone suggested to me that I could abstractly
describe it in WSDL and then I just used that in the RIF document.

If you would be willing to point me in the right direction I'd be very
grateful. I hope that the result of this would be a little rule that
shows how to go from RIF to a real enforcible rule that can help some
people. I'm quite willing to send to you what I have and you can
criticise it and point out where I am going wrong etc (I fear I'm not
the smartest person around). I guess we could do that outside of the
list and then hopefully post to the list the condensed summary.

Many thanks for your response.
Hope all is well,
adil