Re: RIF RDF and OWL Compatibility and OWL Semantics

Michael Schneider noticed several small editorial issues that should also be fixed if possible:

 1) Chapter 4: In the whole chapter, the terms "direct semantics",
"RDF-Based semantics", "structural specification", and "RDF semantics" are
repeatedly written in lower case (as written in this sentence). In the OWL 2
documents, however, these terms are generally in upper case, as in "Direct
Semantics"; see for example the OWL 2 Overview
<http://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-overview/>. I believe the RIF document should
follow this practice.

 2) Chapter 4, 4th paragraph, first sentence: This sentence talks about the
RDF mapping, but misses a citation to our "Mapping to RDF" document.

 3) Section 4.2: The titles of the subsections are given as "OWL RDF-Based
Semantics" and "OWL Direct Semantics", i.e., the "2" of "OWL 2" is missing
in both cases. I don't know whether this was intended or just typos. We
should mention it in the report at least.

 4) Section 4.2.1, first sentence: The sentence refers to the "OWL 2 Full
vocabulary". Howerver, in the RDF-Based Semantics spec (Sec. 3.2) it is
called the "OWL 2 RDF-Based Vocabulary". Btw, this term is also upper-cased
in the OWL 2 document, while "vocabulary" is written lower-case in the RIF
document.

Regards,
Ian Horrocks
On behalf of the OWL Working Group