Re: how to observe RIF BLD consumer conformance?

From: Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:01:06 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: public-rif-comments@w3.org

Dan,

We struggled with this point based on RIF's status as an interchange format, not a rule language per se.  Thus the conformance refers to the ability to translate in a way that does not change the semantics, which includes entailments.

It is not, as you say, directly observable in a positive way, however it is negatively observable through sets of tests, ie you can test if it did not happen.

-Chris