Re: Comment on RIF-PRD

Tom,

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding your final comment, the existing RIF
specification for externals *is* a general and extensible method for attaching
procedures, which could be builtins or be defined using existing programming
languages. See FLD Section 2.4 item number 8:

[External] terms are used for representing built-in functions and predicates as
well as
"procedurally attached" terms or predicates, which might exist in various
rule-based systems,
but are not specified by RIF.

DTB is a list of externals that are *required* for interoperability, but does
not preclude defining others.

Please acknowledge receipt of this email to <mailto:public-rif-comments@w3.org>
(replying to this email should suffice). In your acknowledgment please let us
know whether or not you are satisfied with the working group's response to your
comment.

-The RIF WG