Support of disjunctive rule heads

From: Rolf Gruetter <rolf.gruetter@wsl.ch>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:55:44 +0200
To: public-rif-comments@w3.org
Dear RIF WG,

At WSL, we have recently been doing tests with SWRL/OWL DL for combined
rule-based/terminological reasoning. Thereby, a limitation was the missing
support of disjunctive rule heads in (a decidable fragment of) SWRL. As far
as I understand, RIF-FLD will overcome this shortcoming (thanks to the FAQ
section if I understand well!). RIF's OWL compatibility is important to us
as well. Anyway, I am looking forward to the first RIF implementations ...

Rolf Grütter, DVM, MBA
Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL
An Institute of the ETH Domain
Land Resource Assessment