Re: Proposal: Internet Encrypted Media Extensions

It's great to have a proposal, but I too can't quite work out what is
proposed from the material on the Wiki. Could you make it more concrete ?
Perhaps an example or outline of a solution that would meet the
requirements as you have stated them ?

Specifically, when you say "Some users need the convenience of viewing
protected content on their general purpose computer and are not too
concerned about the security and privacy implications of their computer
being controlled by publishers. Some users need security and privacy so
need to view protected content on separate sand-boxed devices." it suggests
to me something like the Presentation API [1] which, amongst other things,
could allow a web page to control media playback taking place on another
device, such as a TV.

If I understand correctly, you are looking for some kind of isolation
between the web page / User Agent and the protected media player. I would
like to better understand what properties that isolation has which make
this idea acceptable to you.

...Mark

[1] http://webscreens.github.io/presentation-api/