RE: W3C HTML Fork without Digital Restriction Management

We need to defend the *contemporary* web, not be seen to be forking it.  The EME proponents, and Tim and the W3C are attempting to redefine the principles of the web as compatible with DRM - I suggest this is one of their goals.  Their redefined principles of the web allow mis-features and in conjunction with laws this could constrain every 'fork' with the threat of persecution.   Promoting a 'fork' of the web might damage the defense of the contemporary web, so think it through, and consider advertising your 'fork' as consistent with the 'contemporary' web on the matter of mis-features.

cheers
Fred