Re: Requirements [Re: Watermarking]

> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014, at 09:18 AM, Mark Watson wrote:
> > I'm confused about why you think I should provide requirements for a
> > problem that I have not proposed we address,

 Duncan Bayne replied (in part):

> Wouldn't you try to back up a step, and determine what the actual
> requirements were that were driving those parties to demand mutually
> incompatible features?

I agree that, in the wider context of the HTML WG having content protection
in scope, getting the source requirements is useful and necessary.

The EME spec bypasses the need for understanding those requirements by
fitting with current models, so I can understand Mark's lack of interest.
However, if the WG's scope really is content protection in general and
other solutions arepossible, I hope Jeff makes some headway in finding
someone to talk to.

-Alastair