Re: A new standards body (was: Re: Campaign for position of chair and mandate to close this community group)

On Jan 14, 2014, at 2:23 , Bob Ham <rah@settrans.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Jan 2014 12:26:48 +0000 Fred Andrews wrote:
>
>> People disagreeing with the HTML Working Group in the matter of content protection have been redirected here
>
>> Don't be used by Tim and the W3C, vote me in as Chair
>
> The W3C is lost.  It is no longer an organisation for an open web.  Can I suggest that rather than wasting energy trying to work within it, you recognise the reality of the situation and work from there?
>
> A new body is required to take on the responsibility of providing standards for an open web.

And the sky is falling. We need a new sky.

The degree of hyperbole is amusing, but it really doesn’t help this discussion, or to address your concerns, or to advance the discussion.

David Singer