Re: Watermarking [Re: Campaign for position of chair and mandate to close this community group]

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014, at 04:38 PM, Mark Watson wrote:
> Who is that question to ? I certainly have no idea of the answer to that
> except that watermaking alone doesn't mean the requirements of any of our
> existing content licenses.

... which was sort of my point.  Discussion of watermarking etc. is
missing the *underlying* cause of the friction, which is that (as I
understand it) those licenses positively *require* non-user-modifiable
client components.

Actually, that's an assumption on my part.

Is it possible for you to post the relevant sections of the content
licenses to the list?  It doesn't make sense to discuss potential
solutions to requirements if those requirements aren't clear.

--
Duncan Bayne
ph: +61 420817082 | web: http://duncan-bayne.github.com/ | skype:

I usually check my mail every 24 - 48 hours.  If there's something
urgent going on, please send me an SMS or call me.