Re: The subject line is irrelevant these days

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 3:01 AM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:
> So, one of the things we are trying to do with EME is create a model where
> service providers support multiple DRMs. So you are not required to buy
> OperaVision and be restricted to only the platforms that supports, but you
> can use WideVine or PlayReady or ... instead and this hopefully gives you
> more platforms on which you can access the content.

...*if* the services you're interested in support Widevine and
PlayReady in addition to "OperaVision".

Realistically though, the more interesting question is: Will all
relevant services that deploy PlayReady and Widevine also deploy
"OperaVision"?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@hsivonen.fi