From: Duncan Bayne <dhgbayne@fastmail.fm>
Date: 10/21/2013  5:32 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Cc: public-restrictedmedia@w3.org
Subject: Re: Forwarded Invite to Discussion of EME at the European Parliament,  Oct. 15, 11:00-13:00

> > That's true, but I don't see how it's relevant to whether DRM is
> > compatible with the W3Cs stated goals, or not.
>
> It's being asserted that if music companies can let go of DRM, then
> everyone can.  Unfortunately, the markets for movies, TV shows, music,
> and images, are all different.

Sure, I understand that.  The question of whether or not movie companies
can do without DRM is an important and interesting one.

My point was that it's completely orthogonal to the question of whether
DRM is inimical to the W3Cs mission & goals.

--
Duncan Bayne
ph: +61 420817082 | web: http://duncan-bayne.github.com/ | skype:

I usually check my mail every 24 - 48 hours.  If there's something
urgent going on, please send me an SMS or call me.