Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:15:04 -0700
From: watsonm@netflix.com
To: pdm@zamazal.org
CC: public-restrictedmedia@w3.org
Subject: Re: Trust

I do feel bound to point out what Jeff and the staff have repeatedly said which is the W3C has not taken a position on whether EME should be approved or not. The topic is in scope (and, btw, it's always a big ask to suggest that a topic isn't even *discussed*), but that doesn't mean we will find an acceptable solution. The much more significant decision will be whether to approve the EME specification. At this point W3C will have to decide whether the issues raised against the specification have been sufficiently addressed. Since I expect there is likely to be a Formal Objection to any approval by the Working Group then it will be the director who decides on this (IIUC).