De : Duncan Bayne [dhgbayne@fastmail.fm]
Date d'envoi : mardi 15 octobre 2013 13:21
À : public-restrictedmedia@w3.org
Objet : Re: Forwarded Invite to Discussion of EME at the European Parliament,   Oct. 15, 11:00-13:00

> I don't think that's true, at least when you differentiate between the
> "web" and the "internet". Where is pirated content *hosted* on the web
> and available as play-in-page video? Can you point to an example? (For
> your/their legal safety perhaps don't do that on list, but is it possible
> to do so?)

Here's the Futurama pilot, if you'd like an example:

http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/futurama-season-1-episode-1/

There are a *lot* of streaming pirated content websites out there,
especially for TV shows and sporting events.  Google (ironically) is
your friend here if you don't believe me; that link was the first one
returned.

Anecdotal evidence, sure, but I know people who only use those sites
because there are no legal alternatives in their geographical locations.
 These people *want* to pay money for content, and can't, because of
geographical restrictions imposed by DRM.  Nice work there.

--
Duncan Bayne
ph: +61 420817082 | web: http://duncan-bayne.github.com/ | skype:

I usually check my mail every 24 - 48 hours.  If there's something
urgent going on, please send me an SMS or call me.