From: Duncan Bayne <dhgbayne@fastmail.fm>
Date: 11/23/2013  1:25 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: public-restrictedmedia@w3.org
Subject: Re: Danger of DRM technologies stack

> Le 22 nov. 2013 à 15:22, John Foliot <john@foliot.ca> a écrit :
> > Here's a thought: don't buy the Renault Zoe.
> […]
> > Why is this so hard to understand?
>
> because you are supportive of free market forces for regulations and I
> don't.
> why is this so hard to understand? ;)

I'm 100% in support of the free market on this matter; I'm an
anarcho-capitalist.  People should be free to buy DRM or non-DRM
products as they see fit, & manufacturers should be free to produce
whichever they choose.

But the question here is: is DRM something that the W3C should consider
in-scope?  That question is entirely orthogonal to issues relating to
consumer law, free markets, etc.

It is entirely consistent to be simultaneously pro-capitalism and
against the W3C considering DRM in-scope.

--
Duncan Bayne
ph: +61 420817082 | web: http://duncan-bayne.github.com/ | skype:

I usually check my mail every 24 - 48 hours.  If there's something
urgent going on, please send me an SMS or call me.