Re: What is the "open web" ?

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:

> What is the bar for "sufficiently widely supported" ? Presumably if a
> capability was available only on one platform then a web API for it would
> not gain much support. At the other end, if there was only a single example
> of a platform which did not support a given capability, would that be ok ?
>
> What is the requirement for the "fall back" software implementation ?
> Presumably there should be some applications that can work acceptably using
> the fall-back. Is it required that all applications work in some fashion,
> or is it acceptable that some applications do not work at all ? I imagine,
> for example, that a navigation app probably can't work at all without
> GPS-equivalent geo-location.
>
> ...Mark

My experience with the SVG working group, we looked for two implementations
of a feature before including it in a recommendation.

It was not required that it be open source, merely that it be
demonstrable.  However there is nothing in SVG that isn't coded as open
source somewhere.

--

Liked it, shared it, gave a thumbs up to the great JC and moved on in a
smooth and efficient ballet of holy surfing designed to bring glory to the

Amen.