Re: "Premium content"

On 18/06/2013 12:38 PM, Emmanuel Revah wrote:
> On 2013/06/18 02:53, Jeff Jaffe wrote:
>>
>> We could call it expensive content.
>

> I don't think we should call it anything other than what it is:
> content (or video content). The publishers desire to restrict the
> visitor's possible actions regarding the content doesn't make it
> "premium" or even expensive.

Agreed. "Expensive content" can be a very subjective term as it seems to
afford a greater value to some content over other (whether copyrighted
or not). This whole thing comes down to distribution. At the most,
"distributed content" *might* do the job if we really want to make a
distinction (and personally, I do not feel that necessity) but however
this goes, I think we should steer clear of valuating content because it
can mean different things to different stakeholders with different
means, etc.

Best regards,

Catherine

--