Re: Watermarking through word swapping

All,

Two points to bear in mind with respect to watermarking for video.

Firstly, waternarking at the server side is expensive and likely would not
scale easily. At least, for our part, we find a very strong advantage in
the ability to use very simple, high-capacity web serving infrastructure
for content.

Secondly, watermarking at the client raises some of the same issues that
have been raised with DRM, specifically the need for non-user-modifiable
components to do the watermarking.

Nevertheless, there is obviously the possibility that the content may then
be made more available for additional uses.

...Mark