Re: Requirements for Content Protection

On 6/17/2013 9:16 AM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Jeff Jaffe [2013-06-17T09:06]:
>> Working Group might determine that EME is the best or only solution that meets the requirements.
> I might have missed it during the discussions, but could you share the requirements document URI?
> Thanks.

I'll let Mark comment whether [1] is the most up to date statement, but
I believe that it is.

While it references "support of agreements with content owners", it does
not define a specific agreement text with a specific content owner.  In
my view it leaves open the possibility of a consensus to use a different
regime for content protection, as I've indicated earlier in the thread.
Additionally, it has several other degrees of freedom to allow for a
full exploration of the design space including the opening disclaimer
(point 2 - requirements are not perfect) and point 6 - open source
browser requirement.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/MPTF#Content_Protection