“Content protection” vs. “DRM” (was: Re: Letter on DRM in HTML from the Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus)

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 5:30 AM, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:
> To clarify, the HTML WG Draft Charter neither mentions DRM or EME. All that
> it states is that content protection is in scope for the HTML Working Group.

It's unclear to me what distinction the W3C intends to make between
the terms "content protection" and "DRM". To illustrate the
distinction, could you, please, give an example of something that
constitutes "content protection" for digital content but does not
constitute "DRM"?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@hsivonen.fi