Re: Principles (was RE: Is EME usable regardless of the software/hardware I use ?)

On 6/14/2013 9:40 AM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Jeff Jaffe [2013-06-14T08:44]:
>> When Philippe asked Tim whether it was in scope, he asked him in his role as Director.
> Cool. :) I'm recording that as a statement that "W3C Director decided that EME is in the scope of the HTML WG charter".
> Thanks.
>
> PS: Jeff, fell free to correct if the statement is misleading.

The correct statement, as mentioned in [1] is that the W3C Director has
established that work on content protection for the Web is in scope for
the HTML Working Group.

[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/05/perspectives_on_encrypted_medi.html

What was declared in scope was a topic - not a particular solution such
as the current EME draft.