RE: Accessibility and EME (was RE: Is EME usable regardless of the software/hardware I use ?)

I wrote:
> Conversely, content that is decrypted and "running" in
> the browser is, by virtue of how the browsers work, being rendered into
> the DOM, and thus, being communicated via the Accessibility APIs to
> those tools that need that API access to work (i.e screen readers).

I must confess that this is not 100% correct - 'styling information' such as
that supplied via CSS, is not DOM based with regard to the Accessibility
APIs. We have, as a user requirement, that closed captions can be modified
(change of colors/contrast, change of font-size, etc.) for those users who
would require such accommodation, and that is currently being proposed as
handled via CSS/WebVTT (there is an equivalent for TTML and styling).
However, since styling is rendered by the browsers, and most browsers have
some form of capacity to alter CSS as user-supplied style sheets (or similar
strategies) this should not be affected by EME/CDM/DRM, as the
'accessibility' lift is done once the content is "in the browser".

JF