Re: What would we have to demonstrate to change your mind?

On 2013/06/11 03:07, Mark Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Duncan Bayne <dhgbayne@fastmail.fm>
> wrote:

> We would need to agree on what the likely alternatives are. I think
> there are three likely outcomes in the absence of a W3C standard:
> (1) the status quo of installable native code plugins persists

How does EME address this ? So far from what I gather, EME does not make
CDMs magically compatible with every system that is EME ready. For
example, would every CDM automatically be compatible with every OS +
browser (considering the browser does support EME and the user accepts
to install the CDM) ?

I might be missing something here, but so far it appears the EME does
nothing to solve the "Flash" issue. Flash doesn't work on iphones, EME
doesn't make all CDMs run on *BSD/ARM.

The only real way to address the plugin issue is if CDMs were designed
in such a way that they are platform agnostic.

--
Emmanuel Revah
http://manurevah.com