Registration of CDMs as a solution proposal (was Re: "Revealed: how Microsoft...")

"piranna@gmail.com" <piranna@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Robert O'Callaghan of Mozilla proposed that all CDMs be registered
> > and that a condition of registration be publication of the source
> > code
>
> Interesting solution... Independently of the fact I'm against EME,
> since this would mean a reduced and clearly common set of CDMs, I
> agree with that solution.

+1

since it would also greatly increase the likelihood of being able to
run the CDMs on Free Software operating system platforms, therefore
significantly reducing the risk in regard to the continued viability
of such operating system platforms that I'm so concerned about.

Greetings,
Norbert
FreedomHTML.org